Bicycle Tour Guide Wanted for organized bicycle tours with German speaking and English speaking tourists.
Location: Beautiful British Columbia Canada
Season: May to September 2013; up to 5 tours of 20 days.
Castlegar via abandoned Kettle Valley Railway line to Vancouver or
Calgary via Rocky Mountains and Kettle Valley Railway to Vancouver (each 750 km)
Groups: 7-16 cyclists (adults, possibly teens)
Guide: will lead bicycle tours and liaise with cook/driver of mini bus/trailer.
- Candidate is preferably semi-fluent in German;
- Prior bicycle touring experience;
- Enjoy dealing with German and English speaking tourists;
- Enjoy the outdoors, camping, travelling;
- Responsible operation of 20-passenger mini bus and utility trailer desirabel;
- Class 4 licence desirable (drivers abstract required);
- Readiness to be enthusiastically available for diverse needs of cyclists;
- Ability to adapt to cyclists in a sensitive and flexible fashion;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Reliable, honest and co-operative team member;
- Knowledge of bicycle mechanics;
- Minimum age 20 years;
- First Air Certificate required;
- Assisting Senior Tour Guide prior to own assignment;
Assets (not required):
Experience in hospitality industry / with German and English speaking tourists.
Resume, references, demonstrated skills and attitude.
A unique experience, fair working conditions, decent wage.
This page is also available in: Englisch